The U.S. dollar’s purchasing power has gone down since 1971. However, the purchasing power of Gold has gone up.
In 1930, two dimes bought a gallon of gas. The Silver content in a couple of dimes made in 1930 would still be worth close to a gallon of gas today.* The difference is that gas, priced in dollars, in 1930 was about $0.20 per gallon compared to $3.50+ per gallon in 2013.
The Silver American Eagle is one of the most popular Silver bullion coins in North America, and 2013 Certified Silver American Eagles are highly valued by collectors. Certified Eagles are in demand for many reasons:
- Graded Coins: These coins are graded perfect 70 or near perfect 69 on the Sheldon Grading Scale of 1 (barely discernible) to 70 (absolute perfection). First Strikes and Early Releases are available.
- Certified And Authenticated: 2013 Certified Silver American Eagles come in sealed plastic casings from PCGS and NGC, two of the industry’s leading grading services. This protects the coins and guarantees their condition.
- Classic 1916 Design: Adolph A. Weinman’s Walking Liberty design is widely considered one of the most beautiful American coin designs. It is featured on the obverse (or front) of the Silver Eagle.
On June 3rd, we launched our new website and since then we have been receiving a lot of great feedback from our customers. The new site is built to enhance our customers and visitors experience as they browse through http://www.APMEX.com. There are plenty of great new features that have been implemented with our users in mind. Here is what is new on APMEX.com:
Get a closer look
You can now get a detailed view of the product before you make a purchase. By scrolling over a product image you can get to see the fine details on the obverse and the reverse of a coin. We love this feature!
New way to search
Our optimized product search provides you with a more accurate result while searching our product catalog of over 5,000 products. In addition, you can filter your search to find the precise products that you want. Sort by price, year and how many items you would like to have displayed on the page.
Once you have found the product that you are interested in, click the product quantity box and type in.9999 in the quantity box and press enter. A new pop up window will appear, showing how many items we currently have available in stock of that product.
We think you will love the new features added to your account page. Now you can track your Precious Metals investments, view your portfolio’s performance and add products to your wish list.
Our website downloads much faster than before. The site’s design and resolution were upgraded as well, allowing users to shop seamlessly on their desktop, tablet or smartphones. To get the best shopping experience while visiting APMEX.com we highly recommend the following browser versions.
- Microsoft’s Internet Explorer 8 and newer
- Google Chrome V15 and newer
- Mozilla Firefox V7 and newer
- Safari V533 and newer
To get the latest version of these browsers, please use the links below:
- Click here to download the latest version of Microsoft’s Internet Explorer.
- Click here to download the latest version of Google Chrome.
- Click here to download the latest version of Mozilla Firefox.
- Click here to download the latest version of Safari.
There are more great things to come to www.APMEX.com so stay tuned as we continue to bring you new features on our site. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at 800.375.9006.