Struck from specially treated dies, these 2013 Proof Silver American Eagles have features that make them unique collectibles. Backgrounds shimmer with a mirrorlike finish while frosted raised devices amplify details in the classic design. Moreover, the U.S. government controls the mintage, guaranteeing their scarcity. Click here to buy.
If you are thinking about investing in metals like Gold and Silver watch this video. Once you know some basic terms about buying and selling Precious Metals go online to APMEX.COM http://po.st/cJUTkP and start shopping. If you have any questions, call us toll free at 1-800-375-9006. You will learn about basic precious metals investing terms like troy ounce, ask, bid, spot, premium and grading.
Whether you are worried about the economy or saving for the future you may want to consider putting a little bit of your savings into Precious Metals like Gold or Silver. But don’t rush into this investment without considering the following 4 points.
- Learn the terms: Confused by what spot, bid, ask, and troy ounce is. Learn about these terms by visiting our glossary or by visiting our new investors page.
- Research the product you would like the purchase: Some Gold products are more expensive than others. Call one of our representatives who can help you figure out the best product for your needs. We have over 7,000 products in stock so we have no doubt you will find something that is best suited to meet your financial goals!
- Research the precious metals dealer: Buy from a reputable company. Check customer ratings on the company website, ensure that they are BBB accredited and visit the company’s social channels on Facebook, and Twitter. Look for a company that offers transparent pricing and secure shipping. There are a lot of players out there and you want to make sure that you buy from the company that is best suited to your needs.
- Think about storage: If you make a large investment in Precious Metals, you will want to consider storage options. APMEX customers can store their purchases at a wholly owned subsidiary called Citadel. Learn more here.
Visit APMEX.com or call (800) 375-9006 to find out more about buying Precious Metals. You’ll see that APMEX has all four of these important characteristics you should look for in a Precious Metals dealer.
Gold opened fractionally lower this morning, as the markets appear to be taking a pause after Thursday’s announcement of a stimulus program. The program launched Thursday by the Federal Reserve is a combination of maintaining near-zero interest rates and an open-ended mortgage debt buying program. News of this new program sent Gold up Thursday, closing up nearly 2 percent for the day and 10 percent for the month. “After the move we had, not just yesterday, but over the last two or three weeks I think it would be natural to look for a period of consolidation,” said Tom Kendall, an analyst at Credit Suisse in London. “But certainly going into the back end of this year, I would be looking for gold to be getting towards at least the $1,850 level.”
The news of the new round of stimulus has also had a positive effect on the U.S. stock markets. After hitting new highs on Thursday, the U.S. stock-index futures for Friday are already up over 40 points. “While we will hear a lot of criticism on the FOMC’s aggressive moves, we shouldn’t forget that for markets, it usually doesn’t pay to fight the Fed,” wrote strategists at KBC Bank in Brussels. Thursday’s rally pushed the S&P 500 index past the 1440 to 1445 range where it had been encountering significant resistance.
At 9:00 p.m. (EDT) – the APMEX precious metals spot prices were:
- Gold – $1,771.70 – Up $0.80.
- Silver – $34.57 – Down $0.22.
- Platinum – $1,699.10 – Up $18.60.
- Palladium – $702.00 –Up $13.10.
APMEX offers a superb selection of Silver Bullion Bars. Buying Silver bars online has never been easier! APMEX guarantees you will receive only .999 fine silver bars. When buying sizes 1 oz – 100 oz, we will ship from one of our diverse mix of high quality manufacturers such as Sunshine Mining, U.S. Assay, A-Mark, Silvertowne, Engelhard, APMEX, Johnson Matthey, and others. All are Hallmark stamped with their exact purity of contained silver from their issuer. Many times we ship various designs with each shipment.
Bars of any size are an excellent way to invest in pure silver while avoiding the premiums usually found on legal tender bullion coins. They are easily bought and sold, stored, stacked and counted.