The United States Mint has reported the final minting for May 2013 and for the five months ended May 31, 2013, the mintage was up 115% for the 1 oz Gold American Eagle over the same five month period from 2012. In a similar manner, the mintage on the 1 oz Silver American Eagle was up 64% for the five months ended May 31, 2013 over the five months ended May 31, 2012.
- This is one of the official Gold bullion coins of the United States.
- These coins are produced at the West Point Mint in West Point, New York. The Proof and burnished uncirculated coins carry the mint’s mark (“W”) beneath the date.
- The Gold Eagle is offered in 1/10 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/2 oz, and 1 oz sizes
- By law, the Gold used for American Eagles must come from sources in America. The Gold is alloyed with Silver and Copper to produce a more wear-resistant coin.
- The Gold Eagle is .9167 fine, or 22 karat Gold, but each Gold Eagle has an actual Gold weight of 1 troy ounce. The coins are authorized by the United States Congress and are backed by the United States government for weight and content.
- Are you a collector? The United States Mint also produces a Proof version for coin collectors.
- The obverse of the Gold American Eagle features a rendition of the Augustus Saint-Gaudens design for the $20 Gold Double Eagle coin from 1907. This famed design depicts Lady Liberty lifting high a torch in one hand and holding an olive branch in the other.
- The reverse is designed by Miley Busiek and shows a male eagle holding an olive branch in flight above his nest where a female eagle awaits with her young.
Do you own an American Gold Eagle? Like, Share, Tweet and Blog about this piece of American history.
AMERICA’S FINEST 24-KARAT GOLD COIN
THE 2011-W 1 OZ GOLD BUFFALO PF-70 NGC
DARE TO COMPARE OUR SPECIAL PRICE
WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!
It doesn’t get any better than this: America’s iconic Gold Buffalo coin in 24-karat Gold — minted with a Proof finish that brings the famous 1913 design to life. The 2011-W 1 oz Gold Buffalo PF-70 NGC — in absolutely perfect condition — with the West Point mint mark, is a coin you’ll definitely want to add to your collection. You won’t find a better price, but quantities are limited. So order now. While supplies last!
RARE GOLD BUFFALOS — SPECIAL LOW PRICE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST
The Gold Buffalo ranks among the world’s elite Gold bullion coins. It’s the U.S. Mint’s first 24-karat, 1 oz Gold coin. However, only a rare few have the Proof finish treasured by collectors. Fewer still have been graded a perfect 70, the highest grade, or state of condition, assigned by grading experts on a scale of 1 to 70. The 2011-W 1 oz Gold Buffalo PF-70 NGC coin is:
- Minted in a Proof Finish: Specially polished dies and planchets give a shimmering, mirror-like finish to backgrounds and a frosty, detail-enriching finish to raised devices.
- “W” Mint Marked: Every Gold Buffalo coin comes from the West Point Mint, but only Proof coins get the iconic “W” mint mark, further enhancing its rarity and value.
- In Proof 70 Condition: A plastic slab from NGC protects the coin from damage and guarantees its authenticity and Perfect 70 condition.
- 1 oz of .9999-fine Gold: The weight and purity are guaranteed by the United States government.
- An Iconic Design: The obverse, or front, features James Earle Fraser’s famous compilation of three American Indian chiefs. The reverse, or back, is modeled after Black Diamond, the largest bison in captivity when Fraser chose him as the subject for this design.